Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Step 3. Who is it about - Lets take it to the max

Now we got a logline, and we figured out what category the story fall into. It is time to figure out who it is about and then up the stakes.

The hero and the bad guy have to fit the story you are making. The "who" has to fit the "what is it".

So let’s look at my hero. He is a sexist idiot. Why? Well since once of his problems is that his wife is going to take over the show, a sexist idiot is the best who. If he wasn't a male chauvinist then it would not matter if his wife had a better job than him.... And writing that of course gave me the best idea. Our cop hero wants to move on from his cop job, into the FIB or CIA. Have to rub it in! That takes care of our good guys, now for the bad once. My logline say crime boss. That is not specific enough. Have to take it to the max. So what to do? I could make him a male chauvinist as well, that will of course sting our hero even more. I could make him a maniac, or my favorite stone cold. What would serve my story best? I really don't know. But I know that I have to take it to the max, and I will get there.

No comments: